Friday, June 9, 2017

Last Week of School Approaching!

Good Afternoon,

The last week of school is next week! Students will receive their report cards and student placement for next year on the last day. We have a busy last week as students are finishing up end of the year assessments along with special classroom activities.

I also want to inform families that we have a few staffing changes approaching for next year. Mr. Bullers our current Health teacher is moving up to the Middle School. It has been a passion for Mr. Bullers to also work as a PE teacher and continue with coaching students at that age. It has been a pleasure having Mr. Bullers here for the past two years. We have posted the position and have some great candidates. In addition, we have added a program called Stepping Stones to the school. Ms. Paula Bartalamia who is currently our behavior interventionist will be the lead teacher in this program. We will also be adding some additional educational assistants to the school.

This summer we will continue with Post Cards To The Principal. This has been so much fun each year receiving and sending back postcards to everyone who sends one in. Students do not need to travel far, I love receiving handwritten letters about summer. We create a post card wall that stays up all year long. Students always enjoy getting a handwritten post card back in the mail, so please consider participating.

Lastly, I want to thank all the families for your two way communication to improve the school and success of our students this year. My assistant principal, Mrs. Burke, myself and Mrs. O'Reilly our school administrative assistant will be available throughout the summer and on certain days throughout. However, any family may reach out to me via email and I will make myself accessible. I will also post my days for office hours and am happy to take drop in visits!

Next Weeks Schedule

Monday-Field Day grade 1
Tuesday-Move up day grade 3, Volunteer Breakfast hosted by Shawsheen
Wednesday-
Thursday-Kona Ice comes and Hawaiian Day
Friday- Last Day of School. It is a 1/2 day and students are dismissed at 12 noon. There is no afternoon CARES and no lunches will be served.

* I am seeking volunteers to help serve kona ice on Thursday from 11:55-1:30. Please email me if you are interested for any amount of time. 

Thank you and have a great weekend,

Mrs. King