Friday, June 11, 2021

Upcoming First Grade Families

Dear Upcoming First Grade Families, Today Mrs. Lipski and I went to visit the Boutwell school and went into each classroom. We also did a remote orientation for students of Wildwood and Boutwell. It was such a pleasure to meet all of your children. They wanted to make sure I told their families that they were good and very kind. Also, they are excited to come to Shawsheen! Mrs. Lipski and I went over the slide show attached and we answered questions. Included in the slide show is the attached PDP of all the first grade teachers. In August, you will be able to log into Aspen to see your child's classroom teacher. We also gave all students a coloring book, which I will also post on our social media sites. I recommend having students keep this on the fridge as a reminder/social story for coming to Shawsheen. We also gave them a pencil case with crayons, bookmark, eraser, pencil and bracelet to take home. Once the rollover happens in August I will send out an invite for our guardian orientation. We are hopeful that before school starts the students will be able to see their first grade classroom. Please feel free to reach out to me this summer if you need anything. I am reachable by email and all my social media links are posted below. kindergarten move up day teachers intro.pdf First Grade Orientation 2021 Thank you and have a great weekend, Mrs. King Lisa King lisa.king@wpsk12.com Shawsheen Elementary School Principal twitter @shawsheenschool Shawsheen Elementary Facebook Page Principal Blog