Monday, May 4, 2020

weekly news-May


Dear Families,
We have made it through another week. I am so glad the weather has been nicer out to allow the children to play outside and get some fresh air. This week is teacher appreciation week. Normally we would have a staff luncheon provided by the PAC with celebrations all week long from students and other staff thanking our staff. Our amazing PAC is still sending some nice cards to all the staff to thank them for all they do and are planning a pizza party upon their return.
Last week we had Ivy the dog announce birthdays. If you missed it, here is the link. This week I am trying for a different special guest to do the announcing. If any families have any connections to someone who would give a birthday shout out, please let me know!
Also, national poetry month flip grid was a huge success. We had almost 50 students participate in creating videos or sending in poetry. It was amazing. If any families or students would like to participate this month in a project I would like to make the teachers a cook book to give to each of them. I have created a google drive folder that you can upload a recipe. It can be a handwritten recipe, a copy of a recipe, picture either drawn or with your child. Be creative and all ideas are welcome. Please note that this will be for others to see if you are choosing a picture of your child. Once the recipe books are complete I will create a PDF booklet for families to print from home and create a book for each staff member. Any personalization your child can add the better. First names and last initial or initials only unless you write from the _____ Family.  I hope this will make for a fun memory during this time. If you would like to upload directly to the google folder you can do so at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JaGOo2qt1JU9SCGA9aWQl7xVi0nq_oX0?usp=sharing If not, you are welcome to email me directly and I will take care of the uploading. I will be collecting these until the end of May.
Lastly, from reviewing the survey I sent out last week parents/guardians have expressed interest in a principal office hour. I am going to set one up for this Wednesday at 12:30. The invite link will come in a separate email. Please do not share the link online for privacy and security.
Thank you all for all you do every day. I know this has been a challenge for everyone. Take each day as it comes, reach out if you need help in anything. We are all here to support you and the students.
For more updates
@shawsheenschool
Have a great week.
Mrs. King